ipod photo cord question

operastarlet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
USA
quick question, I am buying a new ipod photo 30gig and am selling my 3rd gen 20 gig ipod to my cousin. She has a pc, I a mac, Since the IPOD photo comes with the USB 2 port, and my IPOD has a firewire, would it be possible to switch the 2 cords? would my old cord work on my new Ipod and would the new cord work on the old ipod?

operastarlet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
USA
not working

Ok, the firewire is working with my IPOD photo, but the USB is not working for my cousins (my old) 3 gen ipod. It will not charge with the cable... what now?

Comment

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Fuquay Varina, NC
operastarlet said:
Ok, the firewire is working with my IPOD photo, but the USB is not working for my cousins (my old) 3 gen ipod. It will not charge with the cable... what now?
I don't think the 3rd gens will charge over USB (only sync). You'll have to use a firewire cable.

Comment

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
operastarlet said:
3G iPods only charge over the firewire cable, not the USB cable. What now? I dunno...

Comment

operastarlet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
USA
great...

Great... Now what to do. :( what do pc users do, Charge via firewire, but sync via usb?

Comment

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Fuquay Varina, NC
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.