IPod Photo Dead?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by vancejohns, Aug 1, 2010.

1. vancejohns macrumors newbie

My 4th gen IPod (photo) has apparently given up. It stopped playing mid song and when I hit menu it shows no content. Now it just shows a dark screen unless I hold down the center button and menu to boot it. Then I get the expected apple icon, which alternates bright and dim and, after a few minutes goes dark again. I've tried the "slap" and, if I plug it in it stays bright. Any hints or is it time to give up?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Try restoring it with iTunes to see if it's software corrupted by years of use.

Otherwise, the harddrive might be dead / dying? Happens with all harddrives with time.

3. vancejohns thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried connecting to iTunes and iTunes did not recognize the iPod nor did the iPod realize that it was connected.

4. tactician1016 macrumors regular

tactician1016

The only possible option is, charge fully, and see if anything happens. If not, you may need to, sadly, buy a new iPod. But seriously, if it got you that far, that's pretty good for an iPod.

5. summertree002 macrumors newbie

is it because insufficient Storage Memory ? Maybe you should transfer some photos to your computer.

6. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel