Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
ok ive posted about this before.. but no one replied... here's the thing... i listen to a podcast or a song or w/e right? i hit pause.. walk away.. and SOMETIMES when i pick the ipod back up again and want to resume what i was listening to ... my ipod acts as if its off.. none of the buttons work.. i have to reset it every freakin' time.. this has happend like 6 times already! :(

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Cuba, what do you want to hear? I read your last post too. You tried the right step -- resetting it. I'd say you only have two major options:

1) Reformat it and reinstall the iPod software using the updater, and then write all your content back to it

2) Go to Apple and tell them it's defective.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
mkrishnan said:
Cuba, what do you want to hear? I read your last post too. You tried the right step -- resetting it. I'd say you only have two major options:

1) Reformat it and reinstall the iPod software using the updater, and then write all your content back to it

2) Go to Apple and tell them it's defective.

I'd say try step one first, because Apple will most likely get you to try that before giving you a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.