Ipod photo

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
945
43
I decided on the ipod photo 30GB. Is now a good time to buy? Is it a pretty new item on the market? I am excited about ordering, but apple's camera connector says "1-3 weeks" delivery time. Bummer.
 

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
1,229
0
New York
Go for it. I mean it's an ipod, it's not like your waiting for a speed increase or anything, it's just a hard drive. I would buy it if i were you.
 
Comment

OCOTILLO

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2005
219
0
Houston, TX
Go for the 40 GB

sammyman said:
I decided on the ipod photo 30GB. Is now a good time to buy? Is it a pretty new item on the market? I am excited about ordering, but apple's camera connector says "1-3 weeks" delivery time. Bummer.
I checked out the 30GB at Best Buy and they were selling the 40 GB for about the same price. The 40 comes with all the goodies. I went on line and bought my 40GB and am very satisfied. No sales tax, free 3 day shipping total price $359. I have since downloaded the software update with no problems.

Dont forget, the 40GB comes with the dock - very convenient- save 50 bucks.
 
Comment

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
1,087
0
Right back where I started...
I don't know that there is a real difference, but the replaced 40GB iPod Photo seems hands down like a better deal - Buy.com has them for $359 - and if you can find a coupon...
 
Comment

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
4,264
76
ziwi said:
I don't know that there is a real difference, but the replaced 40GB iPod Photo seems hands down like a better deal - Buy.com has them for $359 - and if you can find a coupon...
One advantage of the 30gb is that it is thinner and lighter than the 40gb.
 
Comment

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
2
Randy's House
You also get a carrying case, AV cable, both Firewire and USB cables, a charging brick and the photo dock with the "old" 40GB. It is a bit thicker (noticeably so), but I love mine. :D
 
Comment

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
945
43
Im going to use the student discount to get the 30gb. It will be $319, no tax. It is already a little more than I want to spend, but that is cool. If I could get the 40gb with the student discount, I would. Oh well.
 
Comment

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
2
Randy's House
sammyman said:
Im going to use the student discount to get the 30gb. It will be $319, no tax. It is already a little more than I want to spend, but that is cool. If I could get the 40gb with the student discount, I would. Oh well.
There are still some sites around selling the 40GB for 339.00 - I got mine from buy.com, which is a fulfillment center for the apple store - have a look around.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.