iPod Pillow

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Illicit, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Illicit macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any experience with this iPod pillow from thinkgeek? I plan to get my sister this as a gift.
    Has anyone seen something similar in Canada? The shipping from US to Canada is ridiculously expensive, $43 :(

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/8b18/

Please post your comments! thank you

2. neven macrumors 6502a

I haven't used that specific one, but I've tried (and received as a gift) other similar products, and they mostly work as a novelty. The sound is generally terrible and they're not very reliable. I wouldn't buy it without trying, especially not at that price.

3. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

The pillow idea is interesting because I hate trying to rest on a pillow with earbuds/earphones on. Sound quality would be the issue, though.

4. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I played with one like this at one time (maybe the exact model?). I do not recommend it. Just get some nice powered speakers, like the ones you hook up to PC's. Or even just some cheap ones, this pillow sucks, and you can't really control your ipod with it, just the volume or the crappy radio.

IMHO

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have one I got from Linens N Things as a gift. It was $10. It works well and the sound is a non-issue really because it is in fact something I just fall asleep to.

6. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Point taken, but I don't think it would be worth $43. Am I right?