Ipod player nonfunctional on 3gs after os4 install

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tq2210, Jun 22, 2010.

1. tq2210 macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone else is having this particular issue. I updated my 3gs with os4 yesterday and after install everything appeared to work fine. Today I downloaded a song from itunes and now my ipod player instantly cuts off before playing any songs. Bottomline is the ipod player now does not work. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

2. pdpmojo macrumors newbie

Same problem here, downloaded a podcast and now the iPod App crashes as soon as I open it. Any fixes?

3. pdpmojo macrumors newbie

I guess we are the only ones with this issue. I believe it has to do with iTunes. I used the iPod App last night with no problems, listening to music I already had on it. Once I downloaded the podcast it crashed the app every time i open it.

I am at work at the moment so no access to iTunes library. Did you try a sync?

4. txcountryguy82 macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue. It was working fine until I purchased a song with-in the itunes app. Now the ipod app opens and then closes after 3 seconds.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yep, that's what happen to me.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Just sync with my work computer. That solved whatever bug was occurring.

7. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

I had the same thing. Put my 3GS into recovery mode and re-installed 4.0. Just be sure you have a recent backup (before you did the 4 upgrade).