iPod plays videos but NOT music!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by EmSixTeen, Feb 18, 2008.

1. EmSixTeen macrumors newbie

My 5G iPod screen was broken at Halloween, though everything else continued to work fine. I remembered I had another 5G iPod, but with a dead HDD and working screen, so decided to put the old screen in the new iPod as a replacement. After a lot of time, I got it done.. An Apple Support logo popped up on screen but I plugged the iPod into the PC and upon a restore, my music and videos got added. "Great" I thought, "it's worked!" Not so quick.. It turns out music won't play at all! I can see ID3 tags including album art, but it just doesn't get past 0:00 seconds played. Video on the other hand works flawlessly, all the buttons on the iPod work, the sound is perfect, etc. Even after another restore, the same situation occurs.

What the HELL is the problem here, I'm seriously dumbfounded and wish to listen to my music.. Could it be a problem with the components? .. Even though video works? Perhaps with mixing iPod hardware? .. Both iPods are 5G though. Could it be something to do with my music library? These files all play fine on my PC and are properly encoded MP3s.

I'm racking my brain here, help will be very bloody appreciated!

[​IMG]
    All video is working

[​IMG]
    Music files hang at 0:00

2. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Try a hard reset (Not software restore), it worked for me on non-hacked hardware, after restores.

3. EmSixTeen thread starter macrumors newbie

You mean hold in menu and the middle button and let it reset? I'll try again now for good measure, but I've already tried that several times.

.. No luck. :(