iPod Preperation

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mynameismatt89, Aug 1, 2007.

1. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

Hey,

I've decided to move up from a Second Generation iPod Shuffle to the latest iPod Video (5.5 Generation). I've started to perpare for the arrival of my new iPod (two more weeks). So far, i've ripped my first season of The Office and it is currently in Handbrake (doing what Handbrake does to make it work on the iPod). When i ripped it using Mactheripper, I followed the steps that are used on this website. However, I don't believe that it makes each episode as a seperate file.

My question is, is there a program I can use to divide up the video so that I can have seperate files (a different file for each episode). Should I have done this after I ripped the DVD using Mactheripper, or can I do it once Handbrake is done? Will this take up alot more room? How large will the file be if i DON'T divide up the video?

What program should I use? I already have Mactheripper, Handbrake, and Toast Titanium (I don't think I can use any of these programs for it).

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

2. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

I should have said, I did some searching on the apple.ca downloads website and all the programs I saw for video editing were demo's or shareware. I would prefer not to pay for a program (freeware).

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

This is a great question, and one I could eventually use an answer for too. However, I'd say the best "iPod preparation" at this point would be to wait until Sept. & see if a true video iPod 6G is released. Having compared the 5.5G and the iPhone almost side by side, the iPhone's screen blows away the iPod, and is much less likely to induce eyestrain. Unlike all the other threads here recently by folks three weeks IN to a purchase, you haven't received yours yet - unless you're happy with the 5.5G, I might return it and wait just a little longer.

4. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought about it... but if its going to be anymore money, im not interested. I'm happy with just getting the 5.5G one.

5. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll simplify the question... what program can I use to make chapters of a video file?