Ipod Recovery Mode, Cannot restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spededdy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. spededdy macrumors newbie

Ok, so i bought a ipod used, it was having wierd noises with all the music, like no quality, and distorting and wierd clicking noises in background. I turned it off, and this happens. I was told the ipod was jailbroken.

iTunes has detected and iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes.

The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (3194)

I cant turn ipod on, do nothing at all, when i turn ipod on it has the usb cord pointing to itunes. Ive looked everywhere, if someone could help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. spededdy thread starter macrumors newbie

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

2nd sentence in "So what's a tethered jailbreak?" Do that. :)

5. flyingninjas macrumors member

have u tried this? google it if u dont know how to put ur device in dfu mode

6. -aggie-, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

-aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

He has a tethered jailbreak.

Until he at least rejailbreaks and makes sure that won’t work, he doesn’t need to try anything else.

If that doesn’t work, the next step is to mess with the hosts file.

7. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

You should attempt to edit the host using the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqh8KY2Cw1s&feature=related

BUT before you try that, you should use recboot to get out of recovery mode and then see if you can boot up to anything. IF you boot up, then attempt to go into DFU mode by using this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcwjJ66U6t8 Then restore.

IF that does not work, you are going to have to edit the hosts file.

8. spededdy thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, i fixed it, thanks everyone, but now, it sounds like the music is all muffled and sounds so bad. words are all jacked up, for every song, and ive tryed settings and 2 types of headphones