ipod refurbished software update info help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lrd1, Sep 27, 2008.

1. lrd1 macrumors newbie

i want to buy a refurbished ipod touch and it says that it is previous the generation. does this include the 2.0? and if not.. do i have to buy 2.0 and then the new 2.1 software update? or just buy the 2.1? :confused:

2. Kathy Hussey macrumors newbie

Refurb software update

I just got my refurb 1st gen ipod touch yesterday and the update that was offered was the current 2.1 software...for 9.99. I did not have to buy the 2.0 first.

-Kathy Hussey

3. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

You should expect any first generation iPod touch will ship from Apple with version 1.x firmware preloaded. (There may be the odd case where Apple sells a refurbished iPod touch whose previous owner had already upgraded it to 2.x before returning it, but that would be the exception rather than the rule.)

Moving from any version in the 1.x series to version 2.0 required a one-time fee. The same is now true of moving from version 1.x directly to version 2.1. Moving from version 2.0 to 2.1 is free.

4. lrd1 thread starter macrumors newbie

so the 2.1 i would load includes the 2.0 as well?

5. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

yes, it would. 2.1 includes the features of 2.0 (app store etc.), but it adds stability and some bug fixes.

i don't even think 2.0 can be purchased from the iTunes Store. All you can buy now is 2.1 (which as I said, includes the features of 2.0 and more)

6. lrd1 thread starter macrumors newbie

got it, thanks!