iPod touch iPod Respring Loop HELP!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KingGeorgazz, Apr 19, 2012.

1. KingGeorgazz macrumors newbie

KingGeorgazz

So i was deleting things from my iPod and because i didnt need corona before i installed it (I installed out of curiosity) I thought it would be fine to uninstall this along with various other apps tweaks and songs. Rebooted and BAM, respring loop. Cant install corona deb through iFunBox either so im stuck. Im thinking it might be a Substrate issue and i know you can solve loops with the new substrate update that disables addons on boot but i cant get it, im bricked. Anyone help? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    P.S. My first post so sorry if this isn't right! And incase you were wondering, I know all of this and im only 12 xD :) :apple:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You're going to have to restore your iPod to get it working again unless you're really good with its file system, extracting and looking at deb files, and using SSH ramdisks.

3. KingGeorgazz thread starter macrumors newbie

KingGeorgazz

....Yeah, so do you actually know why its died? :( And thanks for the quick reply :)

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You probably killed the kernel when you removed corona.

5. KingGeorgazz thread starter macrumors newbie

KingGeorgazz

What would i need to do to fix it? Proper instructions? :D

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Because you don't know about anything I outlined in my first post, you must put your device into DFU mode (Google it) and restore it in iTunes.

7. KingGeorgazz thread starter macrumors newbie

KingGeorgazz

NO but what would I have to do to not have to restore it? I already know about DFU i just wanna know because i Could maybe do it.

8. GHOSTHOUND macrumors newbie

GHOSTHOUND

If you go into your iTunes just right click under "Devices">[your iDevice name here] and hit "Backup" it will back up to your computer, restore your iDevice, then restore the backup.

9. FNCPro macrumors newbie

iPod fix ;)

Ok i found a way how to fix it.
    hard boot your ipod i have a 8gb ipod touch 4g but i bricked mine to restart in safe mode all the time.
    so hold down the power and the home button for 10 seconds. and it restarts and it should fix it :) if it doesnt you probably killed the kernel when deleting corona