iPod Restored, HAUNTED!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SLIMsjunk, Feb 5, 2008.

1. SLIMsjunk macrumors newbie

OK, long story short, tried to go from jailbroken 1.1.2, up to 3, didnt work, had to restore......to 1.1.3, bought the programs and all that jazz...

But i look up to the left corner, and my custom Carrier/iPod name still says what it did when it was Jailbroken! "SLIM" How is that even remotely possible?

Let me go ahead and say sorry in advance if there are a million threads about this already.

EDIT----

Crap, sorry, i didnt put this in the hack section, my bad.

2. jvance macrumors newbie

Same thing happened here. Once the iPod is restored there is an option to keep your backed up settings or start fresh. Somehow when we changed the carrier name this was backed up as a setting. So I restored again, this time without keeping my previous settings, and it's back to normal. The only bad thing with this is that I had to set up my Mail addresses again and all of my bookmarks in Safari were erased.

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Umm... There's an App called CaptionCrunch and it runs right from your computer and you can change the carrier string and time stamp string without having to erase your iPod or even jailbreak it. It's too bad you didn't notice this before you erased all of your bookmarks.

Get it here: http://www.tuaw.com/tag/CaptionCrunch/

Note: It's called CAPTIONCrunch despite that you wanna say Captian when you read it.