ipod screen white

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macbook yes, Aug 10, 2009.

1. macbook yes macrumors 6502

My ipod screen is stuck. It is solid white and if i press it, i can hear the calculator as if i was using it. I was using the calculator when I pushed the home button to go back and nothing happened. If i pushed the button twice, however, it would pop up with the music dialog. I tried to reset it by holding the sleep button, but the screen just went white. If I press either button, it just turns the screen on or off. Even plugging it into itunes does nothing.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Do a hard reboot by holding the lock/home button until the phone turns off. Or try putting the phone into DFU or Recovery mode and do a restore in iTunes.

3. macbook yes thread starter macrumors 6502

If I hold them both for a few seconds, all it does is take a screen picture(which I can't see, just her the noise) off. I also tried holding down the sleep button to power it off, but it just turns off the screen. Uh Oh, I hit something on the screen because I can't see anything, and now it is playing music and wont stop.

4. macbook yes thread starter macrumors 6502

The batter is pretty low and should die soon anyway, so I think I will unplug it and wait until it dies.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You have to hold them both for at least 10 seconds. Not just briefly.

6. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

Yes this is Apple's version of 'screen of death'.

Very annoying indeed, I suggest restoring the iPod to factory settings.