iPod shipping question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mitchelino, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

On Dec 17th ordered a 4th gen iPod touch with engraving from the Apple online store. An email they previously sent said any iPod ordered by Dec 18th arrives by the 24th with free expedited shipping.

On the order page it said to expect it between the 21st-24th, but in the email receipt it said "Left Apple: 18 Dec, 2010. Receive it: 28 Dec, 2010." Just wondering which date you think I'll get it. The tracking number says it left Suzhou, China, on the 18. Think I'll get it by the 24th? I live in Ontario, Canada.

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

A buddy of mine had one engraved. It arrived 7 days later.

Shipping can be very vague. Depending on how many terminals it goes through. I purchased a Mac online, It said Shipped Dec.3 est. arrival Dec. 15th. It arrived at my home Dec.5

3. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I shiped mine on 17 December at 8:30pm and on the next day 18dec it was shipped and it shows gonna came until 24 december but on the tracking information it shows it will come tomorrow 21 dec, weird. And on the site it shows wI'll come 22-24dec

4. b0blndsy macrumors 6502

Congrats buddy, it will arrive anytime from now! Enjoy the new ipod ;)

5. Drucifer macrumors regular

It sounds like maybe the confirmation e-mail you received wasn't updated to reflect the free expedited delivery meaning it didn't take that into account and therefor quoted an estimated delivery date after Christmas.

I wouldn't worry about it as it will probably show in the next couple days. Does the tracking website provide an ETA? If so I would probably trust that one over the confirmation e-mail you received from Apple.

6. Mitchelino thread starter macrumors 6502

That's reassuring. I've had good luck with Apple in the past, but wasn't sure about this order being so close to the holidays.

Thanks! :D I'm pretty excited. I think it might arrive tomorrow.

Mine shouldn't take much longer, then :)

Yeah, you're probably right about the confirmation e-mail not reflecting the free expedited shipping. On the UPS tracking page, it doesn't show an ETA, but it is now in my province. I'm thinking it will arrive tomorrow. On Monday it went from Suzhou, to Shanghai, to Alaska; it really moved fast, which surprised me.

Thanks for the insight, everyone. I feel more reassured that it will come before the 24th :)