Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
On Dec 17th ordered a 4th gen iPod touch with engraving from the Apple online store. An email they previously sent said any iPod ordered by Dec 18th arrives by the 24th with free expedited shipping.

On the order page it said to expect it between the 21st-24th, but in the email receipt it said "Left Apple: 18 Dec, 2010. Receive it: 28 Dec, 2010." Just wondering which date you think I'll get it. The tracking number says it left Suzhou, China, on the 18. Think I'll get it by the 24th? I live in Ontario, Canada.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
A buddy of mine had one engraved. It arrived 7 days later.

Shipping can be very vague. Depending on how many terminals it goes through. I purchased a Mac online, It said Shipped Dec.3 est. arrival Dec. 15th. It arrived at my home Dec.5

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I shiped mine on 17 December at 8:30pm and on the next day 18dec it was shipped and it shows gonna came until 24 december but on the tracking information it shows it will come tomorrow 21 dec, weird. And on the site it shows wI'll come 22-24dec

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
On Dec 17th ordered a 4th gen iPod touch with engraving from the Apple online store. An email they previously sent said any iPod ordered by Dec 18th arrives by the 24th with free expedited shipping.

On the order page it said to expect it between the 21st-24th, but in the email receipt it said "Left Apple: 18 Dec, 2010. Receive it: 28 Dec, 2010." Just wondering which date you think I'll get it. The tracking number says it left Suzhou, China, on the 18. Think I'll get it by the 24th? I live in Ontario, Canada.

It sounds like maybe the confirmation e-mail you received wasn't updated to reflect the free expedited delivery meaning it didn't take that into account and therefor quoted an estimated delivery date after Christmas.

I wouldn't worry about it as it will probably show in the next couple days. Does the tracking website provide an ETA? If so I would probably trust that one over the confirmation e-mail you received from Apple.

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I purchased a Mac online, It said Shipped Dec.3 est. arrival Dec. 15th. It arrived at my home Dec.5

That's reassuring. I've had good luck with Apple in the past, but wasn't sure about this order being so close to the holidays.

Congrats buddy, it will arrive anytime from now! Enjoy the new ipod ;)

Thanks! :D I'm pretty excited. I think it might arrive tomorrow.

I shiped mine on 17 December at 8:30pm and on the next day 18dec it was shipped and it shows gonna came until 24 december but on the tracking information it shows it will come tomorrow 21 dec, weird. And on the site it shows wI'll come 22-24dec

Mine shouldn't take much longer, then :)

It sounds like maybe the confirmation e-mail you received wasn't updated to reflect the free expedited delivery meaning it didn't take that into account and therefor quoted an estimated delivery date after Christmas.

I wouldn't worry about it as it will probably show in the next couple days. Does the tracking website provide an ETA? If so I would probably trust that one over the confirmation e-mail you received from Apple.

Yeah, you're probably right about the confirmation e-mail not reflecting the free expedited shipping. On the UPS tracking page, it doesn't show an ETA, but it is now in my province. I'm thinking it will arrive tomorrow. On Monday it went from Suzhou, to Shanghai, to Alaska; it really moved fast, which surprised me.

Thanks for the insight, everyone. I feel more reassured that it will come before the 24th :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.