Ipod Shuffle 1GB (Long one) to Ipod Touch 16GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rupi.seti, Apr 4, 2008.

1. rupi.seti macrumors newbie

Ok, when i was like in school my boy friend gifted me a ipod Shuffle "My first" which was long "Not Match box like" and white and could store 1 GB of songs.

I did quite come to like the little thing and i bought Shure earphones "That goinside all the way in the ear" and because i could not find any Shure earphones in India i had my friend bring it along from USA.

The problem starts after i was gifted a Ipod touch 16 GB by my pap's because i made it through to a good collage.

I primarily listen to opera or trance but with the new ipod Touch my opera compo's break my ears the highs are too hazzy not clear i tried to fiddle with the EQ without any solution in sight and also when i listen to music like at very low volume i hear a snake's hiss "Very light but ultra annoying, this was not there on my old shufflei swear"

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Have you tried taking it to the apple store for a replacement?

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

Find me an Apple store in India...

4. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

sounds like you had an amazing shuffle. ive had two of the old ones and they both hissed more than my touch does. hardware has many variations however but i think that the hiss should be quite normal. most daps have a load of hiss - ive had 8 different companies and they all hiss at at least one level.

which shures do you have? if you have one of the armature designed type, they are fairly sensitive so should hiss. still, i am amazed that your shuffle was quiet! good one.

i have owned shure e500, westone um2, atrio m5, denon c700 (dynammic drivers like shure e2c but of better sound) and victor hp-fx500 (even better). they all hiss. as far as the highs not being clear... that is strange. the touch extends into the highs as well as the shuffle does but does not do the bass as well for iems and canals.

i would think that maybe something might be strange with your touch - have you tried the same music with another player recently just to make sure? the phones maybe are not going in far enough? perhaps some connection is loose.

i have enjoyed my touch after coming from other players that were perported amazing quality: cowon d2, meizu m6 (still like it). it is as clear as the others unless i have eq on - then it is quite useless. eq on the touch or any ipod without lowering the volume of the mp3 itself with mp3 or aacgain, the eq will (if it passes 0 db gain) cause the mp3 to go wildly fuzzy with distortion.

hope anyone even myself have been able to shed some light... but i doubt it. try with other phones as well just to see that the problem is not jsut the shures