iPod shuffle Adverts in Tokyo (w/picts)

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Apple have also done something similar in leicester square station in London - all the pillars have iShuffle ads, escalator walls are covered, etc.

I've also seen the shuffle ad on TV around 10 times this week, which is unusually high for apple in the UK. Also, iShuffle bus stop ads are *everywhere*

nice to see apple's finally spending some advertising cash in the uk :D

Comment
asif786 said:
Apple have also done something similar in leicester square station in London - all the pillars have iShuffle ads, escalator walls are covered, etc.

I've also seen the shuffle ad on TV around 10 times this week, which is unusually high for apple in the UK. Also, iShuffle bus stop ads are *everywhere*

i see white earbuds everywhere i go

Comment

cyanide

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2005
Chicago
i think so far the coolest shuffle ad has to be the one i saw in a pic on the nike store in australia. it was roughly six stories tall.

Comment

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I was in Japan last year.

Shinjuku station was covered in ipod ads. They have columns around the station and each one has a round ad on it. Each one was an ipod ad. Really cool

Comment

AppleAce

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
USA
The bus stop ads are all over downtown Chicago also. I'm not sure if there are any on the L though.

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
How many shuffles had to give their lives so Apple could advertise all over the station? Poor shuffles.

Comment

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
asif786 said:

I was in London last weekend and was amazed how Leicester square station was all drowned in Shuffle ads! Most of the walls and ceilings in the escalators and most of the pillars in the station! It was fun to see.
And lots of bus stop ads around London had Shuffle ads.
Go Shuffle! :D

Comment

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
On another note, I've heard rumours that Apple makes computers as well... ;) :p

(it would be nice to see some advert for those things as well sometimes!)

Comment

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
asif786 said:

I see white earbuds everywhere, but I can't remember seeing any TV advert for the shuffle. (although I do admit that when the TV is switched on I tend to switch off)

The entire iPod range does lend itself well for strong market branding and it could be a serious advantage to the new Sony flash players that only have the Sony name and a small screen as potential marks for distinction. Of course, that didn't help Virgin Electronics with their efforts.

Comment

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Its funny I don't remember seeing adverts for the shuffle in London at the weekend - even at the Apple store, but they were there - eating away at my subconscious - telling me to buy buy buy. And I don't even listen to music that much, but I still want one.

Advertising works - pity Apple don't spend a little more on it.

Comment

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 11, 2002
Me too...

virividox said:
i see white earbuds everywhere i go
I tend to catch the same train give or take 5 minutes and there are a couple of people who also take the train around the same time with the white earbuds. We give the 'Seinfeld hey! nod' to each other - like kindred spirits. We haven't plugged each others 'pods (that sounds rude...) to listen to each others music yet...but I am sure we will.

I did surprise them a couple of weeks back when i pulled my schuffle out - they were rare to seen around and I got a very appreciative nod of approval with that (I have only see two other shuffle users, although there could have been more shuffles at the end of the white earbuds).

We are such a friendly community, except the people i don't like!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.