iPod Shuffle Fluke? or Fake?

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
This line cracks me up: "This Apple Logo is NOT on the package, it is actually on the iPod unit itself ! ! ! How or who did this is a mystery."

fake as they come

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
If Apple was going to put an apple on the front it would no doubt in my mind be something ALOT cooler and subtler than that. Something more along the lines of a ingraved Apple logo like on the Power adapters perhaps. This is just a piss poor fake.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Dr. Dastardly said:
If Apple was going to put an apple on the front it would no doubt in my mind be something ALOT cooler and subtler than that. Something more along the lines of a ingraved Apple logo like on the Power adapters perhaps. This is just a piss poor fake.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be funny if someone bought it. :p

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
I've not recently seen Apple use any type of color scheme like that on the logo. The last time I saw something similar to that was, I believe, in 10.1. Either way, I don't think it's real at all.

Daniel

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
IIRC, Apple made their prototypes out of clear plastic. They would take the computer, and mold everything out of clear plastic that is normally white, etc. Then it was given to some high level VP or someone important in the project. Something like that.

They didn't add stupid stickers to their product.

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
utter b*%§ocks!

I can't believe that somone paid to put that up on ebay. I find it quite depressing that someone could be so stupid? Why would anyone buy it?

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
I do believe that when hung around your neck in "lanyard" mode the Apple logo would be upside down.

This is just some schmuck trying to scam Mac fans into paying more than retail for an iPod Shuffle.

newton213

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2004
logo upside down

The shuffle has an Apple logo on the back anyways; it's gray, it's real, but it's upside down when using the lanyard, too. This is just a lame sticker, and some lame-o trying to capitalize on all the excitement about iPods. Nothing new, there's always some kind of scheme you have to be on the watch for on eBay, and considering there's such a huge market for iPods on eBay, what do you expect?

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
it also looks to me like the sticker isn't even on straight. it is tilted a bit in the clockwise direction.