iPod shuffle must be selling really well!

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Apple said they would ship on the 22nd. Shortly after they were annoucned the shipping date was 1 week for the 512 and 1-2 for 1gig. If you look now it's 2-3 for the 512 and 3-4 for the 1 gig! They must of got a s*** load of orders!

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
or its standard apple technique of delaying shipments and other things of that nature, but we'll never know unless a wave of people get their items.

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
My local apple store is having an invitation only iPod Shuffle release. I got an invitation in the mail. They get them in Monday and everyone with an invitation get can get on Monday for $99. So when 10am on Monday rolls around, that's where I'll be. :)

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Steve said the Shuffle would be ready "today" so I went to my local electronics retailer and the store clerk said they won't get it for a few weeks. :eek: I'm suffering here. lol.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Apple!Freak said:
My local apple store is having an invitation only iPod Shuffle release. I got an invitation in the mail. They get them in Monday and everyone with an invitation get can get on Monday for $99. So when 10am on Monday rolls around, that's where I'll be. :)
haha, that is pretty cool! I wonder how many other Apple stores are doing the same thing?

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
3Memos said:
Steve said the Shuffle would be ready "today" so I went to my local electronics retailer and the store clerk said they won't get it for a few weeks. :eek: I'm suffering here. lol.
They'll be shipping from the factory TODAY, not available. Two VERY different things.

James Craner

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I think we can safely say that Apple has another hit on its hands

iPod shuffle: 20,000 sold in first 4 hours (updated)

Vendors on the show floor at San Francisco Macworld Expo reported today that Apple's retail store in San Francisco sold 20,000 iPod shuffle units in its first four hours of availability this week, depleting its entire inventory. As iPodlounge notes in its upcoming review of the iPod shuffle, while some individuals purchased four, six, and nine of the 512MB, $99 units, the day's record was apparently set by someone who purchased 24 at once. iPod shuffles are currently shipping to Apple retail stores.

Link : www.ipodlounge.com/ipodnews_comments.php?id=6112_0_7_0_C

svejar

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2004
20K in four hours? From one store? That's more than 1 every bleeping second :eek:

James Craner said:
I think we can safely say that Apple has another hit on its hands

iPod shuffle: 20,000 sold in first 4 hours (updated)

Vendors on the show floor at San Francisco Macworld Expo reported today that Apple's retail store in San Francisco sold 20,000 iPod shuffle units in its first four hours of availability this week, depleting its entire inventory. As iPodlounge notes in its upcoming review of the iPod shuffle, while some individuals purchased four, six, and nine of the 512MB, $99 units, the day's record was apparently set by someone who purchased 24 at once. iPod shuffles are currently shipping to Apple retail stores.

Link : www.ipodlounge.com/ipodnews_comments.php?id=6112_0_7_0_C

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Applespider said:
Tho bear in mind, it seems that most of the MacWorld attendees ran to the store and bought several each... probably not the best judge of demand in other stores! :D

Yeah, and if you check ebay you'll find most of them. :rolleyes:

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2004
that makes me mad that ebay sellers prey on people like that. I mean all they see is making a buck, and to hell with people that really want the shuffle.

Any one see ebay jacked up thier fees almost double. F*&^%&#*G Robbers

Mac Boy-Canada

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2004
Umm...if you go back to that article, it is revised as saying that not 20000, but 2000 iPod shuffle's were sold during that 4 hour period. Nonetheless, still impressive! I am still contemplating on upgrading my RCA Lyra 64MB MP3 player (expandable) with poor battery life to the iPod shuffle.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2004
yeah i want the shuffle to passify me until the ultimate ipod comes out somehting like a pmp i have had 3 ipods, and always upgrade, but im holding out now

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
the_mole1314 said:
They'll be shipping from the factory TODAY, not available. Two VERY different things.
They were avalible at the Mac store in SF. had one in my hand but didnt buy it.

It was absolute hell in there. People were buying them in packs of 10 :eek: ( do i hear eBay calling?)

They had people standing at the door handing them out as people walked in. There must of been over a 200 being handed out while i was there (was in the store for ten mintues as my dads friend forked over $100 for his). And this was at 2PM :eek: They'd been selling them for 3 hours!!

I also noticed how fast bilboards around the city changed. When i walked out of macworld at around 12 all the iPod posters had changed to iPod shuffle.

I think apple may have a huge hit on their hands....

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Phat_Pat said:
They were avalible at the Mac store in SF. had one in my hand but didnt buy it.

It was absolute hell in there. People were buying them in packs of 10 :eek: ( do i hear eBay calling?)

They had people standing at the door handing them out as people walked in. There must of been over a 200 being handed out while i was there (was in the store for ten mintues as my dads friend forked over $100 for his). And this was at 2PM :eek: They'd been selling them for 3 hours!!

I also noticed how fast bilboards around the city changed. When i walked out of macworld at around 12 all the iPod posters had changed to iPod shuffle.

I think apple may have a huge hit on their hands....
Crazy. Apple seems to have the Midas Touch. ;) :)

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
maya said:
That would explain SONY's CEO reaction on stage during the keynote. ;) :)
He was putty in Steve's hand. If Ando patted Steve on the shoulder again, I would have thought them bed-mates.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2004
no kidding that netwalkman is a peice of over priced garbage. Could have been cool, but,,,,,,it's not ;)

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
I went to my local Apple Store (Towson, MD) and held a Shuffle (512MB). It was pretty much what I expected from seeing the pics, but even lighter than I thought. Switch on the back lets you choose repeat, shuffle, or off. led on the front is invisible except when glowing. The salesperson said they got a bunch in yesterday and they all immediately sold out. I asked if they had been 512MB or 1GB versions, and he said "I don't know, and nobody seemed to care - they just bought them." A player without a display just isn't for me, but I definitely know people for whom it is perfect. I think they'll continue to sell extremely well.

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
amin said:
A player without a display just isn't for me, but I definitely know people for whom it is perfect. I think they'll continue to sell extremely well.
If you owned a previous iPod, then this one makes sense for people who need it for what it does. But I can understand your apprehension in getting this type of screenless iPod if it's your first one.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
i have a 3G 20gig... it's great but sometimes i just want something small to take with me and the shuffle will be great... just waiting for my 512mb one to ship... apple's website says "on or before 1/21/05"