iPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RobCroft, Feb 26, 2009.

1. RobCroft macrumors newbie

I currently have a nano, but i would like a small device to attach to my shirt for the gym etc.

Should I buy a shuffle? the current model has been out a while and I was wondering if there are any updates in the pipeline. I dont wanna buy one then find they bump up the GB in a few months time.

Any help would be great!

2. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

You probably don't want more than 2GB anyways. In fact, I got one for the gym last week and opted for the 1GB

I can't see that much changing in this line

3. RobCroft thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, another reason was that my nano has recently decided it only wants to hold a few hours charge before going dead, so i wanted a cheap alternative when it turns off you see.

4. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

The shuffle battery practically lasts forever. Although I have to exchange mine this week at Best Buy lol. It keeps coming up as "corrupted" in iTunes

5. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

yeah i bought one right before christmas 2008 and have charged it just once since.

6. RobCroft thread starter macrumors newbie

So, does anyone think an update to the shuffle is coming around soon?

7. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Probably not, and it's only 50 bucks anyways. Use your wildest imagination and try and picture a better iPod shuffle. A little tough? :D

8. danny_w macrumors 601

I had a Shuffle for a while and I loved it. The only thing that I have against it is that it is so small it is easy to lose, and the clip is not that strong, so it is constantly coming off of whatever I have it clipped to. I lost mine a long time ago and never got another one.

9. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

I already have a 1GB iPod shuffle. As soon as Apple discontinues it, unless it's replaced by something much better, I'm getting another one or two as replacements for years to come.

10. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

buy it!
    right now they're on sale at the refurbished site. the 1gb is $29 and i think the 2gb is $39. something like that! I want to get a purple one 2gb but i've already got a silver 1gb ;/

the only bad thing is when i make a sudden movement and it unclips... I haven't dropped it. it kind of just hangs off my headphone wire. lol, so it's pretty good with that! also the other thing i don't like, i can't ever figure out when it's going to die! i just know when it died. i'm sure the light changes color but i don't stare at it constantly like i would with a ipod that has a screen, you know? either way it's VERY cheap!