iPod Silhouettes doing drugs

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
"not all drugs are as harmless as music"

Kind of interesting.

I guess it's advertising to the raver community?

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
katie ta achoo said:
"not all drugs are as harmless as music"

Kind of interesting.

I guess it's advertising to the raver community?
Eh, it might be a main target but I would assume the younger population as a whole. I mean, I assume the iPod is pretty big over there, so they are drawn to it.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
adk said:
Pretty creative, but the real question here is how long before a lawsuit?
There will be no lawsuit. Parodies are allowed and not illegal. There are at least a few Apple adds that have done the same thing. The last "Intel" add was a parody on an old UPS ad.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
freeny said:
There will be no lawsuit. Parodies are allowed and not illegal. There are at least a few Apple adds that have done the same thing. The last "Intel" add was a parody on an old UPS ad.
Good point. I'm sure apple is too busy being sued by the other apple anyways.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
iBlue said:
the one shooting up needs to straighten his arm out more. that's no way to spike a vein. dumb silhouette. :p
Priceless.

The silhouettes are tired and cliche now. People need to find another way to be not so creative:rolleyes:

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i wonder if apple have given their permission to it - i somewhat doubt it!

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Speaking of the apple silouttes getting other work than iPod ads, did anyone see Eurovision - and the fact in the little 'visit greece' intermissions there were silouttes dancing on blue backgrounds?

Good too see them getting work and becoming almost as famous as another rogue siloutte - Peter Pan's shadow!

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Until I saw those ads I never thought about jacking up some bolivian while listening to The Chemical Bros.

Also the tagline is not factual as music can in fact be very harmful. Just ask the Central Scrutiniser. Not to mention excessive volume levels can do more harm than the occasional bottle of Laphroaig .

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

edit: i looked at them earlier, they seem to actually be gone now.. or is it just me?