iPod speakers with remote to control iPod?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skatalite, Aug 31, 2008.

1. skatalite macrumors newbie

I'm finally looking into some speakers for my iPod, and I'm curious if anyone can recommend something that has a remote control, and I'd like the remote to control the iPod selections, too.

Any information would be great and appreciated.

Cheers,
    Richard

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

The Evolve sounds terrible though. (edit: I have one if it means anything, and I really wouldn't have spent the £250 my dad spent on it, sounds more like a £40 unbranded iPod speaker to my ears).

For £150 more you can get a system which sounds completely different. In fact it's the best iPod Dock I've heard...

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

I looked at those speakers awhile ago and they look awesome. I ending up buying new computer speakers instead because my old ones blew :/. I would consider buying these once I get back in the iPod speaker market

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've got this Philips dock, and it sounds better than any iHome I've heard. I've also got the Evolves and don't agree that they sound bad. Mine sound amazing, and their movability allows you to set up a great stereo soundstage that isn't possible with any other standalone speaker dock.

The Philips BTM630 dock has FM, a CD slot, Bluetooth, SD slot, USB jack, and Aux input. There isn't a player out there that you can't use with this dock.