iPod still crashes when using Safari 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JC4, Sep 28, 2007.

1. JC4 macrumors member

Only took 10 minutes of surfing. iPod crashed, then crashes repeat quickly until a reboot.(same as before) That's 3 updates and Apple can't fix this VERY annoying problem. Very sad how little they care.

I'm sure glad we got the new purple button :(

An earlier thread if you want the details of my working with Apple on this issue:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=345144

JohnC

2. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

3. shambolic macrumors regular

Same here - playing music while browsing web pages with MobileSafari continues to result in the iPod app sporadically crashing. The crashes can happen either when data is being transferred, or while scrolling through an already-loaded page.

Thought it might have been resolved based on some of the comments here in the 1.1.1 threads, and a crash-free commute this morning, but had 3 crashes during my ride home tonight. :(

This seems to be one of the biggest known bugs (as opposed to missing features) with the iPhone right now and I imagine Apple must be working on it - having one application cause another one to crash is about as far from "it just works" as you can get. Hopefully the next update will fix it once and for all...

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I had that problem before a couple of updates. Thankfully I dont have it anymore.

5. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

6. briand05 macrumors 6502