iPod stuck on start

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Keegman650, May 14, 2008.

1. Keegman650 macrumors newbie

I downloaded iPod Wheather.Mail.Notes.Stocks.Maps 2.1 using iAppCat and after I downloaded it and exited out of installer the normal swirly circle in the middle started. But then it froze so I turned it off using the power and menu button. But now, when I turn it on, it just stays on the Apple icon and doesn't do anything. My computer recognizes it but it won't open up to the home menu. What do I do?

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

If your computer recognizes it, why not just restore it? Granted, you'll have to JB it again, but at least you'll be able to use your iPod.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yeh best bet is to bung it into recovery mode with the home and sleep buttons restore then rejailbreak.

best suggestion for you in regards to getting the apps use the following source, I use it and it works flawlessly.

add this source: http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml

when sources have refreshed go to install and look for the category iPod Touched and install iPhone Apps + Wiggle

4. Keegman650 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, now I'm in really big trouble. I tried to restore my iPod Touch and I had to wait 2 hours for the 1.1.4 software to be upgraded. So, I went to lacrosse practice and when I came back it had this error message:

"The iPod 'User's iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-50)."

Help me out here.

Edit: I tried it again and it said now "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-18)." Some other errors are "The iPod 'User's iPod' cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found" and "iTunes could not back up the iPod 'User's iPod' because a session could not be started with the iPod." Another, yet again, "Blah blah blah can't be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602)."

These have all happened in the past 30 minutes I've been retrying to restore every time. Another error: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "" because of an unknown error (0xE8000001)."

5. Keegman650 thread starter macrumors newbie

I fixed it :) . Too bad all my awesome apps were wiped :(