Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Im looking for the thin sheet plastic covering that was advertised here in mr. it was a adhesive plastic sheet. im also looking for a wheel cover. all for a 3g ipod

thanks

daxdagr8t

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2004
just make one, use a laminating plastic and then cut out a template.then your good to go.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
http://www.powerdesignusa.com/

They have great adhesive sleeves for all kinds of items, including iPods. They work great. Also, they are easy to remove if need be (my wife and I had them on our 3G's that we sold before we bought a 4G and a mini, so we removed them prior to selling the iPods). The only negative is it takes around 2 weeks to get them in the mail once you order. Hope this helps.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Jovian9 said:
http://www.powerdesignusa.com/

They have great adhesive sleeves for all kinds of items, including iPods. They work great. Also, they are easy to remove if need be (my wife and I had them on our 3G's that we sold before we bought a 4G and a mini, so we removed them prior to selling the iPods). The only negative is it takes around 2 weeks to get them in the mail once you order. Hope this helps.

I have a iskin, do you like the sleeves better? Would I be able to use both and is it worth it?

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
grapes911 said:
I have a iskin, do you like the sleeves better? Would I be able to use both and is it worth it?

Yes you can use both. We have used iSkins, leather incase sleeves, and Marware Sportsuit Convertibles with our iPods while the sleeves from PowerDesign were on there (these sleeves seem to add zero size to the iPod). We use these sleeves so that we can use our iPods from time-to-time without having to worry about a case to prevent scuffs/scratching (so we can see our iPods in all of their glory). But when going somewhere, we'll put them in a more protective case, such as an iSkin or the Marware Sportsuit Convertible.
If you do order one, be sure to check the specs for your generation of iPod....some of these require you order the corners to protect the corners of the iPod.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i used to use a lajo exo3 but then i just decided to go naked :p . it didnt really get in the way or anything and you can use the dock with it on (i think); it's just that it makes it feel grippy and un-ipodey. the site for some reason loads the page to buy it but not the features page. i just used the regular one because the zipper one defeats the purpose of such a thin skin.
edit: found this link that has a descripiton of it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.