iPod iPod timezones

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
After about a year living with my iPod I've finally noticed that it doesn't actually have my timezone in it. Sure, it misses heaps of timezones but generally there are equiviulents and for us people from the middle of Australia (SA and NT) there simply isn't a viable or accurate option. There's a choice of siding with the east or the west but nothing inbetween. This doesn't affect the clock (which syncs with the computer) but it does affect the calendar and subsequent alarms. :(

I posted this thread a while ago and I thought I'd hit a solution thanks to the great help of Mitthrawnuruodo but I was wrong. So I was wondering if anyone here knows how to add a custom timezone or recommend a place where a fix could be downloaded and installed. It's not a huge problem, but it's pretty annoying and not very Apple-like. I've done the usual Versiontracker, Google, Apple Support site stuff and all I've found is a verification on Apple's behalf that they've skipped us central Aussies.

Also, has anyone else been left off the iPod timezone list?

shreevatsa

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2006
Lots of timezones

You're not alone. They have left out all timezones that are not integer hours offset from GMT/UTC. This includes, for example, UTC-3:30 (Canada), UTC+5:30 (India), and UTC+9:30 and UTC+10:30 (parts of Australia).
Found any fix yet?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Nah. :eek:

I've given up on the thing. It's just really frustrating because extra time zones wouldn't really be very hard to add. It's not like they'll take up much space or anything. :(

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
But then I'll have to wait roughly eight years and nine months... And what if it's a boy?... :eek:

FWIW, I've sent feedback but had no reply/result. :(