iPod to Cassette adaptor?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bowlerguy10, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I am trying to hook my iPod touch up to my stereo through the cassette deck so that I can listen through the very nice speakers it currently has. It's old though, and doesn't support any other way of getting an iPod or anything else hooked up to it.

How would this sound? Would the audio quality be passable enough for it to make it worth it?

Would this be a good solution?

Thanks!

2. farmerjoe01 macrumors newbie

I use a cheapo tape adapter I got at an electronics store. The sound is the same as with any other player - more than enough for what I need, and far superior to an FM transmitter (I live in a city).

If I ever have an issue with sound it's not the tape adapter's quality, but rather usually has to do with different ways in which the music I have is encoded - I address it through the ipod's equalizer.

3. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

The tape deck adapter you are looking at should work fine. I use a Griffin tape deck adapter that my friend got from Target for free (he was an employee and had a $50 gift card and he knew I was looking for one...good man). It works amazing. The quality is pretty good. It is comparable to hooking an iPod up directly to an iHome or such...
    I use the tape deck to play my iPod Touch through my car speakers. Works great. Worth the 5 bucks IMO...

5. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheekybobcat.......wow it's been awhile. I actually rememberd that we have one already in one of the cars I will go grab it tomorrow it's going to rock playing music on those things!

6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

They sell a Phillips one at Walmart which I use in my car with my iPhone 3G. The quality is pretty good, I'd say a 7 out of 10 compared to direct AUX input.