Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,
I have music on iTunes and my iPod. My daughter wants one of my segments, but not all of it transferred to her iPod. it's all purchased music, so I don't think there are any problems from that aspect. Anyway, how do I get some of my music to her iPod without erasing any of hers and dumping all of mine on her iPod????

Thanks.
Frank

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Send her the song(s) to add to her iTunes library and let the sync take care of it.

She is syncing with something right (another computer or her own login)? :confused:

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
She will be coming home for Easter. She has iTunes on her PC, but the music is all on my PowerBook. I could send her the music. I'll have to check sizes of the "shippment."

Frank

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
you could either send it to her, through an im client, which would be easy, or just make her a data cd

i believe you could also mount her iPod on your computer, and dont associate the iPod with your library, but once it is mounted, choose to manually add/delete files off of it, this should allow you to put the tracks on her iPod, problem with this is that she will not be able to add the tunes to her iTunes library

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.