iPod to Sound Bar direct connection

Discussion in 'iPod' started by teenie73, Jul 14, 2014.

1. teenie73 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have a question about my Ipod Nano 7th generation. I want to connect it directly to my Sony Sound Bar (HT-CT370 System)using cables because both devices won't pair wirelessly with Bluetooth (after MANY attempts). The back of the sound bar has 3 HDMI inputs available, but I cannot seem to find the right cables I need to make this happen. Does someone know the cables, adapters, or converters I need to make this happen?

BTW both of these items, the Ipod and Sony Sound Bar, are brand new and I am very anxious to listen to my music after 3 days of trying.::mad:

I also have a MacBook so was wondering what cable can I use to directly play my Itunes music from the MacBook to the Sony Sound Bar as an alternative to the Ipod/Sound Bar connection?

Thank you.

2. McScooby macrumors 6502

You could but a toslink cable as the bar has an optical in which just plugs
    into the headphone jack, alternatively buy an Apple TV even refurb, & just
    plug in via hdmi.

3. Ell14 macrumors newbie

Bought hdmi cable with connection to iPod still can't get any sound thru the bar

4. badpenny macrumors newbie

badpenny

Reviving an old thread as I have the same question as the original poster. I have searched and searched the internet without finding a solution. I have an iPod classic that I'm wanting to connect to a Samsung soundbar HW-J450 - the inputs on the back of the unit are aux in, optical in, and hdmi. I thought the aux in would be the way but the cable I have is too large (I usually use this cable in the car and it fits into the headphone jack of the iPod). I'm sure it's just a matter of finding the correct cable but it's clearly not a popular item as I can't seem to find what I need. Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a USB connection but I can't get sound through that either. Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 17.44.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 17.21.12 PM.png I will post pics directly from the user manual in the hope that some smart person can help me. TIA!