iPod Tocuh 2nd Gen Repair Advice?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joshm6946, Oct 5, 2008.

1. joshm6946 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!

I'm new to these forums and I purchased an iPod Tocuh 2nd Generation from the Apple store back on September 17th and since then I haven't used it to much but today I picked it up and noticed the top left corner the screen seems to be loose. If you gently touch it like you do regularly you could hear a little pop and you could even feel it being loose, it's not verrrry loose but still loose enough to tell, so I called Apple and they told me I could send it in to repair so there going to send me a box to return it in but I wanted others people advice, was I stupid for returning it for repair if it was just loose a little bit? I did it because I know these devices are expensive so I just wanted to get it fixed before the problem worsens if it does in the future! Also they didn't mention anything about cost so would I be charged for this since I'm still under the manufacture 1 year warranty?

Thanks all!

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Returning something with an issue like that is the best thing you could have done. Who knows, it might have broke completely when your warranty was up because of that loose piece