iPod touch 1.1.3 (with $20 Apps)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by superstrikertwo, Jul 7, 2008.

1. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I restored my iPod touch today after it kept freezing. I click restore and iTunes promoted me to backup which I did. Upon everything being loaded I notice I am missing my 20 dollar upgrade. I check purchase history in iTunes and it's listed but I can not download it there is no way to that I can see. How do I get my update back?

2. David G. macrumors 65816

The $20 JSU was never ever available for 1.1.3 so try 1.1.4.

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Right click your iPod in the devices tab and click Check For Purchases.

Edit: My 250th post, I'm a 6502 now!! :D

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes it was.

Just keep syncing it, assuming that the upgrade file is on your computer. It will get into the iPod eventually.

5. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Try going advanced-check for purchases in itunes

6. WannaSwitch macrumors member

This actually happened to me as well with my iPod touch when I moved from a Dell laptop to my Macbook Pro. It was working fine for a while, then one day I started having problems with the touch connecting to our home network. Troubleshooting said do a restore on it and most of the time that fixes the issues. Well, I did the restore, and the networking started working again, but I lost my $20 January software upgrade. Don't know why, but it wasn't in the backup when I moved from the windows machine to the mac. I'd been syncing it just fine, and it had been backing up, but it just didn't back up that package. I went into the iTunes store, to the previous purchases and found it, but there is no longer a link to download it again. I reported a problem, and basically said I was SOL as the software is no longer available. I was told, however, that the 2.0 software upgrade ($10) includes the stuff in the January software upgrade. I was going to get the 2.0 software anyway on the touch so it would be more attractive to sell once I have my iPhone (won't really need the touch anymore), so that satisfied me at least for now.

But unless you have that software application backed up within your iTunes, you're out of luck until 2.0 comes out - which should be Thursday anyway.

7. superstrikertwo thread starter macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I'm getting iPhone 3G anyway so it's not that big a deal I can live without having my mail and extras for a few more days. Thanks for the help guys.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

1.1.3 was the first to support the JSU, 1.1.4 was just bug fixes and was released on February 26 2008, much too late to be known as the "January Software Upgrade"...