"iPod Touch 16 GB V3" in Walmart (Canada)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DrawnToLife, Aug 18, 2009.

1. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

First of all, if I end up making an embarrassment of myself, sorry.

So I went to Walmart today. I went by the electronic sections to check out the iPods. To my surprise I see this thing called "iPod Touch 8/16/32 GB V3." I didn't know what it was, but I had to leave the mall, so I couldn't ask anyone about it. It had that sign next to it that said "NEW!" At first I thought it was just a mislabeled iPod Touch 2nd Gen, but when I took a closer look, I didn't see that grey thing in the corner that's usually on the 2nd Gen iPod Touches.

Here are my theory's.
    1. Mislabeled 2nd Gen.
    2. The iPod Touches are now shipping with V3 (3.0 Software)
    3. Possibility of a new iPod Touch?

I'm sorry if I'm making a fool of myself and posting useless stuff, but it caught my eye and I wanted to know your opinion on it.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It's the version 3.0 firmware walmart did something similair with 2.0. The 1.x were $20 cheaper. Nice way to scout for us though1

3. DrawnToLife thread starter macrumors regular

Oh well. Does this mean that they're being shipped with 3.0 now?

4. WordLife565 macrumors regular

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They're not and they won't be.

6. MTI macrumors 65816

Instead of "V3" . . . Could it have been "VB" since WalMart calls it their "Value Bundle" when they include some accessories.

7. DrawnToLife thread starter macrumors regular

I'm 90% positive that it said "V3," but I could be wrong.
    I'm probably going to the mall again tomorrow, and I can confirm what it says.

8. oxox-cocoa-oxox macrumors newbie

i agree with that =)

9. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Yeah, Wal-Mart is pretty notorious for badly mislabeling electronics. The laptop section of my local Super Wal-Mart is loaded with typos and inaccuracies on just about every info card on their display case.

10. macshill macrumors 6502

macshill

It was "V3", I just happened to noticed the same thing at a Walmart where I live (London, Ontario) this past Sunday droooooling over the iPods behind glass. I wondered that, too but noticed all the other products use the term "GX" for the generation and the number after it.

I didn't think of it being version 3. It'd be nice if they included it. The "NEW!" sign inside the display case I think they just trot out every once in a while like tinsel to attract a kitten. lol Totally meaningless. If they had a next-gen, they'd display some Apple-supplied signage material to go w/ it.