Ipod Touch 16gb To 30gb?????????

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by HACKER123, Nov 16, 2007.

1. HACKER123 macrumors newbie

HI,I'M A NEW KID AROUND HERE.......AND I NEED YOUR GUYS HELP.I HAVE A IPOD TOUCH AND I ALL READY JAILBROKEN IT...BUT RUNNING LOW ON memory
    soooo...i forgot that had got a STUIP halo 3 zune which is 30gb.so wat i want to do is to exchange each others hardrives.i ALREADY seen zunes with a 30gb hardrive zune to a 80 GB......so i know how to open a zune and get to the hardrive all i need help is HOW on earth do you open a ipod touch with out screwing it up and if it's possible.SOOO IF YOU GUYS GOT ANY TIPS IT WOULD SURE HELP......

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Not at all possible. The Zune uses a hard drive, while the iPod touch uses flash memory. There's no possible way to fit a hard drive inside the iPod touch.

3. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Zunes use a hard drive and the iPod Touch uses flash based memory, like a flash drive... so its incompatable

4. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

yup the touch is flash based, and probably will not come out in a hard drive based device. I think its because you need to access info faster in a touch based mobile device that small hd's can handle hence flash based iphone/touch. I could be wrong though, it might be just to keep it small

5. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

First off, you don''t have to shout.
    We're right here.

And have you taken a look at the size difference? Not memory size, but physical? The zune is about double the thickness of the touch, and unless you plan on accurately machining a new back plate for your touch, and some how figured out how to get all the electronic components to work, youre out of luck.

Sometimes i think there should be an application process to be able to purchase high-tech devices...

6. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

Sometimes I really have to agree with that. Like my mom, she really doesnt need nor should she ever have an iPod, but alas she has one :p

7. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Seriously. Its more than that.
    I browse these forum about 2 hours a day, mostly on my Touch at school, and there are just some strange people. I basically had a posting battle with someone who was convinced that the 8 and 16 gig Touches were of different thickness.

8. pederg macrumors member

i like OP user name aswell: hacker123.. you really are a genius hacker