IPOD Touch 16GB Won't Restore.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kingfisher2, Mar 18, 2008.

1. kingfisher2 macrumors newbie

Just bought a used Touch it worked fine till I tried to restore it.
    I keep getting "Unable to Restore. An unknown error occurred.(6)"
    Please HELP. It has the picture of the sync cable with the Itunes logo above it. It was Version 1.1.3 I know it asked me to pay the $20 when I loaded it up. I told it to remind me later. Now it won't do nothing besides tell me "unable..." It is stuck in Recovery Mode. I am Stuck...PLEASE HELP!!!

2. big reese macrumors newbie

did you get help

what did you do to fix it

3. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

The OP doesn't know, and I believe that's why he/she is asking.

Try putting it into DFU mode, then restoring it, you can find out how here: http://ask-yusry-anything.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-get-into-dfu-mode-for-ipod.html

4. kingfisher2 thread starter macrumors newbie

No Go.

cbrain...It went further than before, but came up with the same Error.DANG...I thought it was going to take...

5. kingfisher2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Heck Yeah!!!!!

cbrain...You were right... I rebooted my Itunes and It did another restore and my gosh.... IT WORKED.... Its updating as we speak...I now have 1.1.4 Version. I was originally a 1.1.3...I am SO HAPPY!!!! Thanks ALOT!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

No problem. :)

7. big reese macrumors newbie

when my cpu did upgrade i forgot to reboot all is well:) 1.1.4

8. contradel macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch 2.g. crashed on me, and showed me graphics errors in the bootup screen.
    I have had alot of troubles with iTunes not completing the restore, i had error 6 13 and 6000 something.
    I'm just going to explain to you what I did, I can't give you any explanation why it worked, or why it should work:

I waited to the next day, where my iPod would automatically go into the "connect to iTunes"-mode just by holding the power button like a normal bootup. (something I couldn't do yesterday)

I connected it to iTunes from this mode, and I got the same error again it simply wouldn't go past "waiting for iPod". I hard rebooted the iPod (holding home and power for several seconds). It turned up in the same "connect to iTunes"-mode.

From here I tried again, and iTunes got stuck in the "waiting for iPod"-message again, but this time the iPod screen turned white (like when in DFU-mode), I searched the net and heard that you should try unplugging it from this mode.

So I did, while screen was white and iTunes trying to find the iPod i took out the cable, hard rebooted, connected to iTunes, and this time it worked smoothly, iTunes found my iPod and it started restoring like never before.

Hope this helps someone outthere. Btw. I just want to say, that I already tried putting it in DFU mode, I also tried another PC and rebooting the PC, I even tried reinstalling iTunes. However the only thing that worked, was the progress explanied above.