iPod Touch 1g and Universal Dock not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by tom.swartz07, Aug 22, 2009.

1. tom.swartz07 Guest

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my iPod dock. Earlier today I was playing music (through the dock, natch) and I noticed that the sound output would cut out for a second or two every so often, maybe every 15 minutes or so. I first assumed that it was the iPod lagging or locking up from trying to process something, so I restarted it. Upon plugging it back into the dock, I found that NO music would play. I tried re-seating it in the dock several times, to no avail. The dock will not react to the IR Remote either (play, volume down/up, next, previous, etc).

The strange thing is, I get quick bursts of music when I hit the home key or when the iPod changes tracks. The 'bursts' last less than a second, but cannot be replicated with any high degree of accuracy. The audio jack works perfectly, the 30 pin connector works fine too- I just synced it yesterday.

My iPod is 1st gen, upgraded to os 3.0. The dock is model MB125G/A, copyright 2007.

Im not sure if its a problem with the software on the iPod not recognizing that it is connected to the dock, or if it is a hardware problem where the pin connector is broken? Is there any way to determine what my next step should be to remedy this situation?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. tom.swartz07 thread starter Guest

Looking in the "About" menu item, there is no dock item listed. I remember seeing an enumeration about dock model or something in this section.