Ipod touch 1g free w/ mac has which firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by i6400, Sep 21, 2008.

1. i6400 macrumors newbie

Hey guys

Has anyone got the Mac/Ipod touch back to school promotion deal..Do you'll know what firmware does the Ipod touch 1G they give FREE w/ Mac have? Will it have the 2.0 or will I have to buy that separately for 10$? If I have to pay that money for the software then I might sell the 1G and pay a little more for the 2G.

Thanks!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I'm sorry but I am not really getting your logic here, sounds a bit flawed. You're saying if the free iPod Touch 1st Gen has the 2.0 software you're all good but if it doesn't you would rather go through the trouble of selling it, pay waaay more then $10.00 (cost for the 2.0 software) just to upgrade to the 2G model that only has a speaker and volume controls, just so you can get an iPod with the 2.0 software preinstalled? Huh? Not worth the trouble.

3. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I agree. Not much logic in that IMO.

BTW sell your gen 1 b/c you DO have to pay for the upgrade.

4. i6400 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for ul's replies. I should have mentioned this before, but my friend was selling me the 1g touch since he bought the mac and doesnt need the ipod. He was charging me 190 for it. If I have to buy the software update then ill pay 10 more for that. that makes it 1g for 200, while the 2g is 219 on amazon.

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Then either tell your friend that, and get a better deal on the 1G Touch from him, or else buy the 2G on Amazon and get a Touch with external speakers that is "thinner" (;)) and has 50% better battery life.