Ipod Touch 1G WIFI Help - Greyed Out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pappascw, Jan 24, 2010.

1. pappascw macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2010
    In an attempt to help my daughter out by replacing her backplate and fix her button on her 1G Ipod Touch I've screwed up her wireless. When I first took it apart there was some small metal piece I thought was part of the backplate that I've already disposed of. Does anyone know how this wireless antenna works so I can replicate what that piece of metal does? I've attached some pics of the inside 2 areas, maybe someone can tell me what I'm missing...

I think the parts thats missing is on the left hand side picture of the unit itself, not the backplate...

PS I did fix the button.. :confused:

Attached Files:

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
  3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Jul 24, 2009
    The little bit of metal was the antenna mate.
  4. pappascw thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2010
    Ok I see this is the part I need....

Wonder is theres a way to replicate it? Whats so special about it?

ok dig thru the trach and found it.. Nasty.. hooked back on but no wifi yet.. Batteries low so gonna get a good charge b4 I mess around with it anymore..

Attached Files:

5. pappascw thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2010
    Will no luck once I got this thing in there..

Anyone have any other things I could try? Is it supposed to make contact with the gold parts on the wifi board or not? i assume this piece makes a contact to the case as a ground?

6. pappascw thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2010
  7. I MIKE C I macrumors newbie

Aug 7, 2010
    I have the exact same problem. Ill let you know if i resolve it :(
  8. starsixz macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2011

so on the ipod side on the gold looking rim where the metal is missing ihad the same problem broke a paper clip to right size tried numerous times to fit it in there and finally im getting a signal:) weak but its there lol