iPod touch 1g wont recognize USB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bigboi00069, Jun 28, 2010.

1. bigboi00069 macrumors newbie

I am having an issue with my iPod touch 1g. It wont recognize USB cables. It will charge fine off my firewire charger, but anything USB wont work. Im guessing something is physically wrong. My question is is there anything i can do to make this more usable? I know if it were jailbroken i could do alot more with it and even sync with itunes over wifi if i were to download that app from cydia. Is there any hope for this thing or any way to jailbreak it without USB? or am i stuck with an ipod that all i can do is add and remove apps? BTW i am running 3.1.3

Thanks

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

3. bigboi00069 thread starter macrumors newbie

yup, tried different usb cables and different computers, and usb wall charges... all a no go

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

No, you need a computer to jailbreak. You might try and put it in DFU mode, if that doesnt work you might be able to take it to apple, they might charge you.

5. Jphilippon macrumors member

This happened to me twice recently with my 3rd gen ipod touch. Try doing a hard reset by holding the home and lock buttons simultaneously for about 7 seconds, or until you notice it restarting. It may take quite a while, maybe 5 minutes... Meanwhile restart your computer as well (not sure if that does anything but why not, it shouldn't take longer than the iPod..) ...and that did it for me. Hope it does for you as well :)

6. Xavier macrumors 68020

Do this, and if that doesn't work, it might be worth it to visit an Apple Store.