ipod touch 1st gen 3.0 crash

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by corry20, Jul 21, 2009.

1. corry20 macrumors regular

I upgraded to 3.0 on my ipod touch 1st gen after about 2 weeks whenever I connect it Itunes crashes after about 2 weeks.I have restored it and it worked fine for like 2 weeks then when I connect it itunes crashes.Anybody know what to do?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

When you say iTunes crashes, does it just hang or does the whole application close down on you? Running iTunes 8.2.1? Here's a few things to try: 1) disable automatic syncing from the Devices tab in iTunes preferences, does it still happen? 2) if not, uncheck all the content you're syncing, and add it back one category at a time. 3) does it happen with another computer?

3. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

The whole application closes down on me.I Can't check anything because it will just crash.My ipod touch doesn't even show up when I connect it Itunes just crashes before I can do anything.Thanks.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The first thing I proposed can be done without the iPod connected. The iTunes preferences are found in the Edit menu for iTunes for Windows, or under the iTunes menu for Mac OS. Devices should be the second to last tab on the far right.