iPod touch 1st Gen Peer-to-Peer Gaming with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tntmac fans7, Jun 25, 2009.

1. tntmac fans7 macrumors newbie

Hello, everyone!
    So peer-to-peer gaming does work on a first generation iPod touch via WiFi, but that's no fun when there aren't any accessible WiFi networks around.

I've been wondering if a Bluetooth adapter for the iPod would allow it to use Peer-to-peer gaming via Bluetooth? Does anyone know?

I've been considering buying a couple adapters and trying it out with my friend's and my iPod touches. But if someone here could tell me a little more about it. I might not be spending close to $40 dollars on two Bluetooth adapters that I would otherwise have nothing to do with.

Thanks!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Unless you jailbreak the iPod, it won't work; applications do not have access to the dock.

3. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

4. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure that one of the additions to 3.0 was the availability of api that would allow applications to interact with the dock, as demoed in the 3.0 keynote with the doctor thing.

5. mrtotes macrumors newbie

Of the ones I've seen Flight Control has just been updated...

Currently the top paid app on the iTS.

More addictive than heroin before and now positively dangerous! :)

best regards

mrtotes

EDIT: Just tried it and it appears that the iPod 1st Gen is left out on this.

6. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

I'm thinking the 1st gen is going to be left out more and more as newer better apps are developed that take more advantage of the higher end hardware.

7. tntmac fans7 thread starter macrumors newbie

The first Generation iPod touch, as I stated before, does work with peer to peer gaming, but it's exclusively with WiFi networks.

When you say that you "just tried it" do you mean that you tried it with a Bluetooth adapter attached or that you just plainly tired it?

Thanks everyone for responding! I'm glad to see that people have things to say about this issue. If none of this works the way it is now, I'm trying to learn C programming and work my way up to developing for iPod touch/iPhone. Some day, if this doesn't work, I'll have an app that taps into the Bluetooth adapter and works for Peer-to-Peer gaming.

Please continue posting. I really appreciate it!