iPod Touch 1st gen to 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bluefiberoptics, Mar 15, 2010.

1. bluefiberoptics macrumors regular

bluefiberoptics

I've been a happy iPod Touch 1st gen user since it was launched. Now I'm thinking about buying a refurbished iPod Touch 8G (Second Generation) because of the speakers and slightly faster processor. (It's not as underclocked as the 1st gen)

I'm planning to sell my first generation iPod Touch online. Anyone have experience with selling their iPod Touch units on eBay?

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I would skip the second generation iPod and go for the third generation 64gb.
    You'll probably get something for your first generation, but it may not be worth a whole lot anymore.

3. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

you're probably not going to get much for your first generation touch. i sold my first gen the summer before the third gen touch came out and i only got 150 bucks for it. dont get a second gen, go for a third gen. its faster and the speaker is louder and clearer, well thats what i hear

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I was only able to get 250 for my 2nd Gen 32GB about 3 months before the 3rd Gen came out. It was in perfect condition.

I was able to get 175 for my perfect condition 16GB 1st Gen the day the 2nd Gen came out.

5. na1577 macrumors 6502a

From what I understand, the speaker hasn't been changed. But if you search for threads from after the new touch began shipping, there were reports of diminished speaker quality.

At the OP: a 1G touch probably won't sell for much now, although you could probably catch an unsuspecting customer offguard. I won't encourage that, however.

6. metalhead777 macrumors regular

The speaker is horrible on my 64GB iPod Touch 3g. Too quiet and I wish it would be louder. Maybe it's an EQ setting for the whole device. I would keep the 8GB iPod Touch 1g for jailbreaking, but that's just me. :D :apple: