iPod Touch 2.0.1 EMERGENCY!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Pain macrumors regular

So, my computer was being weird, and I connected and it said something about how it cannot recieve dataclass information via Sync Services. Whatever. I clicked update and it said my device timed out, so I switched the USB port and it worked. However, through the process, Windows asked me if I want to install iBoot (but it always does it manually) and I clicked yes. So, iTunes told me it was extracting software and stuff, and then, it told me an unknown error has occured, leaving my iPod Touch on the connect to iTunes screen (except it shows a USB cable). iTunes doesn't read my iPod, and Windows says it is still downloading the iBoot, but now it's pending.

What the heck should I do? Gosh, you expect a better software version and all I bloody get is bull.

OMG, WINDOWS IS NOW ASKING ME FOR THE DISC THAT CAME WITH MY DRIVER. WHAT THE HELL?!

2. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

What happens if you switch off the machine and the iPod and start from scratch?

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Do you have the updated iTunes? Just Re-install itunes with the updated vers. that should fix the problem.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

The driver for an iPhone/iPT In recovery mode.

6. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

I'm still on the phone with Apple. They told me to make an account called 'iPod Test' for my Vista Computer and stuff, so yeah. A lot of it was ********. Any tips or ideas? I have the most advanced version of iTunes, too. I've also restarted my computer and everything.

7. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Ye, get a Mac :)

8. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

9. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

Not bloody helping. Anyone know where I can get an Vista Driver for my iPod Touch?

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Actually give the guy some help instead of just posting stupid crap, he's not going to shell out thousands of dollars for a computer just so he can get his iPod working.

11. Zieg3rman macrumors member

Oh ok.

12. steveruv macrumors newbie

same problems

Yesterday, I downloaded the latest version of Itunes so I can purchase the 2.0 update. Everything was fine but now my ipod isnt being recognized. Followed the steps that posters had suggested above. Uninstalled then reinstalled Itunes. First time, I was recieving the 1604 error message. Uninstalled and reinstalled AGAIN, and now a 2002 error message. Went and ran the Disk Mgmt that Apple suggests on the Support Site, but under the USB drivers, it was reading as Iboot and the driver was fine.

ANY HELP would be appreciated!!!

13. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Mine did this, the only solution i found was use another PC to restore it, iTunes and Windows has a problem where it wont restore the iPod at all on that PC. Very Strange. Making a new User may work, but it was easier for me just to plug it into the other PC.

14. 184550 Guest

If it was an error code 6, you're screwed. I went back and forth with Apple for a month and ended up with a Genius App. and recieved a new iPod. So just make that Genius App. and get it over with.

15. iOrlando macrumors 68000

error code 6 ususally means USB connections problems.

If you have problems with syncing..connecting ipod etc:
    Make sure you are using 2.0 USB ports. (if you are using PC tower...they are in the back..not front)