Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slomifier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
I charged my iPod prior to upgrading to 2.0 from 1.1.4. I downloaded Aurora's Faint for the apple store and played it until my battery was at like 3%, then I plugged it in.

Most people say 2.0 has a terrible battery life. Mine's life is fine, the problem is, it takes 5 times as long to charge. I've disabled wifi, fetching, and locational services, but it still takes forever to charge.

Any thoughts?

(Oh, and before I upgraded from my JB'n 1.1.4, I added enhanced settings from installer, and told it to make my wifi and battery life in the status bar appear as numbers instead of pictures, and even after restoring it twice, then upgrading, they still appear as numbers in 2.0. Not saying I wan't to change it back right this second, but in the future, should I decide that I prefer pictures better, is there anyway I can change the setting on an un-jailbroken 2.0?)

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
Wow. That is unusual. It sounds like you're adjusting everything fine. Have you adjusted the brightness?

slomifier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Brightness is as dim as possible, so is auto-brightness.
It's all irrelevant though, as I just tested something. Still charges slow even when it's completely off.

slomifier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
I tried restoring it, and I don't think returning it is proper, as it started happening with the 2.0 update.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
This sounds like a hardware/software glitch of some sort. Call/email Apple support. This sounds like a warranty-covered issue, I think.

EDIT: Unless, of course, you've voided the warranty by jail breaking.

Metzgermeister

macrumors member
May 27, 2007
When you restore back to 1.1.4 downloaded from Apple, you install the original version and you don't jailbreak it. Apple only will see an original iPod.

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Restore it back to 1.1.4 and DO NOT tell it to restore from backup. That will clear up your battery and wifi signal numbers most likely. You are just replacing the problem when you restore and then add the backup. It is re-altering the files.

Once you do this, upgrade back to the 2.0 and see if your battery is any better. Usually starting without a backup solves most of my problems. If you are still having problems, you can then return it to Apple without worries about them questioning your jailbreak because of leftovers from your incomplete restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.