iPod Touch 2.0 - Can I see Podcast notes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DavidHallgren, Jul 18, 2008.

1. DavidHallgren macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I'm thinking about switching from my current iPod Video to iPod Touch but one feature I use very frequently is reading podcast notes (by clicking the center wheel a few times). I use this to read transcripts of language learning podcasts and would really like to be able to do the same on the iPod Touch but when I googled it I found a number of comments saying it wasn't available. However, those where quite old so I thought I'd ask here to see if this feature is available with the latest versions?

Thank you in advance!

2. Viremia macrumors regular

If the notes are only in the podcast's description, you cannot access them on the Touch. However, if they are copied to the lyrics section of the podcast's file you can get them by clicking on the art. Several podcasts I listen to take the time to add the shownotes to the lyrics section, but most do not.

If the podcasters don't do this, you can do it yourself manually in iTunes. I'm not aware of an automated way of doing it.

3. DavidHallgren thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Viremia!

I looked through my podcasts and as you said, some do put the text in the lyrics-field as well, and some don't. About 3-4 in each category in my case. I guess I could copy them manually as you suggested and even though I would prefer it to be automated it isn't a deal breaker. Now all I have to do is wait for September to see if there are any upgrades and then I'm switching.