ipod touch 2.0 problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mucacaca, Jul 23, 2008.

1. mucacaca macrumors newbie

I've downloaded 2.0 (name of the file iPod1,1_2.0_5A345_Restore)firmware from one torrent. I read all the comments about it, and it seemed ok. After using shift+restore in itunes and installing it ipod restarted and worked ok, but I don't remmember how it showed connect to itunes on screen. I connected it, and could only install same firmware, not 1.1.3 I had before on my computer. When I tried to install 1.1.3 it sad smth like unable to restore. unknown error (20). Now, itunes doesn't even recognizes it, tried reinstalling itunes, restarting all the services but to no effect. I've tried to put it in some mode(when the screen is black, but it's on), but haven't suceed.HELP,PLS, I only want working jailbreaken ipod, version doesn't matter.PLS PLS PLS

2. monke macrumors 65816

monke

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Exactly right, and good luck getting Apple to fix it under warranty as well if it indeed comes to that.

Really, I think $9.95 is a very worthy purchase considering all of the new apps and functionality you get. ;)

4. cutter57 macrumors newbie

You can try to use an application called "iFuntastic"

5. mucacaca thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I know, my fault. It wasn't the 2.0, I don't care about it, I just saw that and it just pulled me by the hand to install it...I think I haven't been so clear, after Ipod's restart there is only itunes screen, I can't make it turn on normally, so I could play music or videos...

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

you need to restore it with a LEGIT 2.0 file, and to jailbreak, you need pwnage

7. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Which, since he can't seem to get the iPod to be recognized in iTunes, might prove impossible. Apple only offers that through iTunes, no? There is no download version that I am aware of.

8. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Is the iPod showing up in iTunes? If so, purchase the legitimate 2.0 update and apply it as the poster above stated that should sort it.

I thought you had mentioned it was no longer showing up in iTunes though which would put you in a difficult situation.

If it is still under warranty I suppose you could just feign ignorance and send it in to Apple and tell them you have no idea what happened and hope they don't check too carefully what firmware is installed before reflashing it for you. Alternatively you could tell them it got bricked while you were trying the legit update I guess.

9. dagored macrumors 65816

Just put it into restore mode. iTunes will download it again from the Apple site and restore your Touch with a legitimate file.

Restore directions are at the top of the forum in the yellow box.

10. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

If you read the OP's original post he attempted to do a restore and it failed with error messages. Obviously, this would be the first thing to try. :rolleyes:

11. dagored macrumors 65816

He has to try it more than once. He did something unorthodox, don't expect a simple fix. He could also try Ziphone to put it into DFU mode and then try a restore. There are many different things he can try. You are just flashing RAM. Its not a phone with a bootloader, etc.

12. Mason1 macrumors member

Wow... earlier today I was trying to find a torrent to download 2.0, but after a while I just said "screw it id rather pay $10 than risk messing up my ipod "

Man am I happy I did that.... :D

13. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Make sure to Update iTunes to the latest release.

Restore your iPod Touch.

That should help.

14. mucacaca thread starter macrumors newbie

I would do all that gladly, but my iPod isn't registred by iTunes:(!

15. dagored macrumors 65816

What does that mean? In your first post you said nothing to that effect. You used iTunes. We are trying to help you, you gotta help us.

16. mucacaca thread starter macrumors newbie

I said that iTunes doesn't recognizes it(there is no iPod in iTunes). I've tried ziphone, but he can't find iPod either. In device manager, there is apple recovery iboot usb driver, and it's ok, there is no yellow or red sign by it. First time I connected iPod it found him, but next time didn't. Windows plays a sound when I connect iPod(same sound when I connect some usb device).

17. dagored macrumors 65816

That helps. Go to another computer. Find a Mac you can use just to restore the Touch and then go back to your Windows box and everything will be fine.

18. mucacaca thread starter macrumors newbie

I have G4 powerbook, tried but nothing. I'll try at my friends PC, and if that doesn't work go to service, but this one will probably be the first Touch they see:D