iPod Touch 2.0 Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by darwinian, Aug 1, 2008.

1. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

Man, I am getting so sick of the iPod touch problems I'm having. I'll have to do a restore or whatever, but it's such a pain. I use it in manual mode, haven't jailbroken 2.0 yet (is it available), and connect it to two machines.

--It froze iTunes for awhile (maybe fixed in the new iTunes), 10 minutes before finally connecting. Spinning beachball until it finally connected.
    --Connecting it to the second computer tried to re-backup and remove or copy all apps that were on the iPod but not on the computer. Problem with this is that the backup froze, and when I answered to cancel or whatever, it just deleted all the apps off of the unit.
    --Now on the new iTunes, it is giving me some 0xE blah blah error and won't even connect to the original computer.

Again, I will do a restore, but I'm pretty annoyed at all these problems. Re copying everything onto the iPod is such a waste of time.

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Why are you trying to use one iPod with two computers?

And, yes, 7.7.1 does fix the long iTunes wait.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the touch was never designed to work with more than one iTunes by default so your telling iot to do things its not really meant to do.

The reason your apps get deleted is cause you have the applications tab set to auto sync, you need to change that to manually sync then you can select apps off both computers to sync (in theory), or you could just cancel any messages on screen about erasing stuff and transfer purchased apps into itunes and sync that way

4. darwinian thread starter macrumors 6502a

darwinian

I'm using it on two computers so I can add music from either machine, at my convenience, wherever I happen to be (work or home). With all respect, it was meant to do this -- that is why the manual mode was created, and it worked fine up until recently, on several generations of iPods, as well.

Want to know what part of the problem seemed to be: I was using the left hand USB port on my MacBook Pro, the famous power draw problem returning. If you're not familiar with it, it's too much of a pain to get into, but those who know, know how annoying it is.

5. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I gotta ask... why not just combine the music to one computer?

But yeah... check your settings on applications, and make sure sync is not checked.

6. darwinian thread starter macrumors 6502a

darwinian

So one reason is that if I end up getting a CD on a whim somewhere, and I happen to be headed to my office, I want to be able to put the CD onto to iPod from there. Eventually it will end up on my computer at home, but I wanna listen to it now! This is the one reason why I still miss portable CD players.