iPod Touch 2.0 WIFI enterprise authentication

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gzfelix, Jul 12, 2008.

1. gzfelix macrumors member

Hi, I have had my iPod Touch upgraded to 2.0. I tried it today on my campus WIFI network, which authenticates Wireless access by WPA enterprise using TTLS-PAP method. The certificates of the campus network are not signed by a trusted authority (self-signed). I am unable to get the iPod Touch connected to the network. I am wondering if I need to create a profile using the iPhone Configuration Utility myself to specify the TTLS-PAP parameter and install the self-signed certificates to my iPod Touch.

Thanks.

2. qbasicer macrumors newbie

We use phase2 PAP encryption/authentication at my university too (UNB in Fredericton). The iPod/iPhone seems unable to use this type of authentication, and just sits at "joining" for a long time.

3. krusej23 macrumors newbie

On my campus we have to bring any laptop/mobile device that we want to use wifi on campus into the people that control the network because we have to register our device. I don't know if that's your problem but on my campus you cant get wifi without registering it first.

4. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Does the IPT have a "MAC" serial number?

I'm on my university network right now. After getting my user ID name, and password in I was brought to a university WWW page where I had to put more information in. I don't know if that takes the place of what we used to have to do by registering the device's MAC number. For all I know it gives a grace period and then shuts out an unregistered user.

We are going to offer public/visitor wifi access soon, but I'd prefer to stick to the official network.

5. atomheartmother macrumors regular

Sorry to thread hijack, but I'm having difficulty connecting to my university wifi too. I can't get past the certificate screen. It just said "Not Verified", I press Accept, and then nothing happens. I used to be able to connect, but not do anything. Now I can't even do that.

6. krusej23 macrumors newbie

Take it into the IT people on campus. They will set it up for you and you won't have to complain here.