iPod Touch 2.2 bug

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mackmgg, Nov 24, 2008.

1. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

3. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I was getting various results, depending on whether I held the icon long enough for it to start wiggling or not. If I waited for the wiggle pressing the home button would just cancel the wiggle, if not I would jump to the 1st home screen, one time dragging the icon there.

After several trials, my Touch sort of locked up. I got the 'rotating clock' wheel (the boot up or 'working' animation) over my screen, and after a little while my Touch showed the passcode screen. Entered the passcode, and all is normal.

Have made that happen twice now. Both times the Touch recovered on its own. Haven't had an unrecoverable crash that required a reset.

5. benolathe macrumors newbie

Just curious ... why would you hold an icon and then press the Home button? What did you expect to happen? I've never heard of this as a 'shortcut' for something and just don't understand what you were trying to do.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

You'd hold an icon to delete the app or move it to the different location - "they shake" and then to get out of that mode you hit the home key. I have never faced this problem, and yesterday in fact i re-arranged all my icons (mostly from page 6 to page 1).

7. parkgirl macrumors newbie

New granted

But I have not had that problem either.

[​IMG]

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I think they know that, it seems they're asking why someone would press the home button WHILE holding an icon.

9. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Considering I too cannot see why you would even do that, there's an old joke this reminds me of...

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Then don't do that."