Ipod touch 2G 2.2.1 Random restarts!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xdupox, Jun 8, 2009.

1. xdupox macrumors newbie

my ipod touch random restarts everytime i use 3rd party apps on it. sometimes it even restarts while i listen to music, watch videos, or even just arranging my home icons..

the screen simply turns white for 0.5secs and displays the apple logo which indicates that it is booting up, after which it cuts off a huge amount of juice to my battery. this happens to my ipod for about 5-15 times a day depending on how long i use it. i'm having this problem the week i bought my ipod and its been a month now and i'm thinking of sending this back for replacement since its still in its warranty.

but my ipod has this one deep scratch on the upper left side that makes me think if that even voids my warranty. are they gonna cancel it just for that? its just a short deep scratch deep enough that you can feel its there but nothing more. i think i got the scratch when its inside my pocket but i haven't dropped it yet.

2. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Try restoring your iPod but when it gives you the option to restore from a back up - don't. Restore and create a 'new' iPod and then re-sync all your data.

3. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

done

i'm done doing all those things..even tried restoring it to 3 diff kinds of laptops just to make sure, but no luck at all..restored to 2.2 then also tried 2.2.1, i even redownloaded the firmware but the problem is still there

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Take it to an Apple Store. You have a faulty iPod.

5. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

thinking about it. but the thing is i bought it from the retail store so i have to return it to them. they said that i must wait for at least a month for them to send it back to their supplier and hopefully fix it so i can enjoy it as a normal usable ipod, and that leaves me thinking that there is a small dent that looks like a scratch that could void my warranty. i just wanna ask if they could consider it or is it just a waste of time for me since its a month wait. thanx

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I bet you can still take it to the Apple store. All Apple does is check the serial number, they don't care where you got it, they will service it.

7. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

yup.but does it void my warranty once they found out that theres a small dent on the corner of my ipod?

8. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

The warranty won't be void. The worst they can say is no, and send you on your way.

9. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

oh ok..so whats your saying is that the warranty will still be valid but they wont fix it for that reason only?..damn

10. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

There is a very good chance they WILL exchange it, however if they decide for whatever reason not to exchange it, your warranty WILL NOT be voided. They will politely tell you to get the hell out.

11. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

12. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

How is the problem solved? Are you taking it to the Apple store, or is it fixed?

13. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

just take it to an Apple store. they will probly replace it. they replaced mine when i complained it wasnt charging for me and it was charging fine when the girl at the genius bar tried to charge it. she went in the back and walked out with a brand new iPod Touch. i signed a paper, she gave me the iPod, and i was free to go :D

14. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

15. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

that was wierd Austin2048,hehe. but that depends on the person in charge right?..

16. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I think they would know that a scratch would not cause the problem you are having. Now if it was a dent.....

I would bring it to Apple asap.

17. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

i would describe it as a dent that looks alot more like a scratch..hehe it looks like the one where you slightly push your fingernail into a piece of clay.yup,kinda looks like it..:(

18. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

did the scratch go through the casing? can you see inside the iPod?

19. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

20. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

then id take it to apple. they will more than likely replace it for free. after all, you didnt do anything to break it, right?

21. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

My sister tried doing this but Apple told her to **** off cause there were a few unremovable stains.

wtF! :confused:

22. xdupox thread starter macrumors newbie

@Austin2048
    i didnt break it, but i jailbroke it..:D

@ZuneMan?
    why didn't they accpted her ipod? why? are they gonna use it for future manufacturing? c'mon