iPod touch 2g 3.0 JB problems!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lilsocksoff, Jul 30, 2009.

1. lilsocksoff macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've been trying to jailbreak my ipod touch second gen using the 3.0 firmware. I've restored it several times and tried using redsnow (.72) and everytime I try to put my touch into DFU mode, the iPod just turns off and won't be read by my computer (it won't even charge). This continues until I restart my Powerbook G4. I've tried multiple DFU guides and nothing seems to help... any ideas?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you tried Pwnage Tool (if it works for the iPt2g)? This is my program of choice, it is more customizable. Or you should try it on a different Mac.

3. lilsocksoff thread starter macrumors newbie

pwnage issues

i did try to use the pwnage tool along with the iclarified tutorial online, but when i got to the firmware selection section, the 3.0 firmware wouldn't be recognized automatically. then, when i manually browsed for it and selected it from my desktop in expert mode, i get a message saying "wrong firmware selected" do you know how to fix that issue? because it does seem that pwnage tool is more reliable...

thanks

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

You need to make sure you are choosing the correct 3.0 firmware then name should be "iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw".

5. lilsocksoff thread starter macrumors newbie

...are you sure?

are you sure about that? the firmware you jsut posted said "iphone" in the title, im refering to an ipod touch... the name of the firmware i try to up load is: iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
    is that right? or do i have the wrong 3.0 firmware...

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Sorry, it should say iPod not iPhone lol, I have an iPhone, anyways that's the correct file. If it isn't working I would delete it, and redownload it through iTunes.

7. lilsocksoff thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried...

well i tried deleting the firmware and redownloading from itunes. that part worked- pwnage tool still wouldn't find the firmware and when i located it manually i got the same message as before. i tried redsnow .72 again also, but encountered the same problem with entering DFU... any more ideas? sorry to be so difficult, but im hoping someone else like me has ever experienced this problem.