ipod touch 2g 32gb wont do ANYTHING

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spadz93, Aug 17, 2011.

1. spadz93 macrumors member

my friend went to use his ipod one day and it just wont do anything. tried recovery mode, connecting it to a computer, connecting it to my car stereo, and nothing. itunes wont even recognize it, even when its supposed to be in recovery. im confident this ipod is out of warranty, so can anyone help?

2. spadz93 thread starter macrumors member

3. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

Obvious question maybe, but is it "frozen?" or off? I assume you've tried restarting it?

4. Moocher macrumors regular

How could you try recovery mode when a computer would not recognize it? If it hasn't been used for awhile, you may need to leave it on a charger for awhile before it can be turned on.

Mooch

5. spadz93 thread starter macrumors member

6. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

Hm. Well, then I have no clue. Even if it's out of warranty, looks like your best option might be taking it in to find out what's wrong with it at least, and then considering if it's worth the cost of fixing it...

7. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Refer him to the local (or nearest) Apple Store, or Genius Bar.

My say is replace it, the new touch is coming out in a two months or so anyways and it'll probably cost more to fix than it's worth if it's a hardware issue.

So Bottoms up unless they can 'cure' it for a low price.

8. iOSFanBoy macrumors newbie

The problem is probably that the battery is dieing it. It doesn't want to charge and the battery needs to be replaced.

I don't know why iTunes won't recgonize it but from the details, I'm pretty sure that's the problem. If it has the dead symbol, with a lightning bolt that's definitley the case.

Don't bother taking it to a Genuis Bar, just save up and get one of the newer models. That way you can enjoy iOS5.

9. iQuickFix macrumors newbie

If it ends up being the battery, I've replaced many of those. I can put a new one in for you cheap, no need to buy a whole new ipod. :p Let me know,
    Nate

10. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

The 2Gs are going down a lot, lately.
    I know others with similar problems, the postings on here seem mostly 2G.
    I'll probably buy a new one this year: the 2Gs are sadly slow and clunky compared to what's going to be released in a month.